Thursday, September 4, 2008

Project: Hollow Mask (day 1)

mayaSubject: 3D polygon model of Ichigo's Hollow Mask
Software: Maya 2008 and Photoshop CS3
Issues: many .. from drawing to modeling
Drawing: Traced from source images.

I will be posting a daily progress update on project "Hollow Mask" is taking place. (ON HOLD)
-- I'm holding off this project until i've completed more studies because i lose too much time tryign to figure stuff out.

These are black and white line drawing .. I admit to tracing them because in 6-12 months of not drawing much my skills have atrophied so I can't draw on demand. I drew for a good 3 hours trying various ways of duplicating the mask in side view. Zah more practice needed.

The ugly one is my free hand drawing so after a few false starts, bad results, and soso results it occurred to me to go speed watch some bleach looking for a decent side view of the ichigo mask. and I did find some after a few minuets lol i got caught up rewatching some anime vs. getting reference materials but who could resist? it was so temping. Ok then next it was save, cut off background clean it up a bit print it out, on 8x11 paper, put under light box, trace onto good drawing paper, rescan back into digital form.. and let the modeling begin.

Problem: front view and sideviews do not match up exactly. Maya software requires that side and front views match exactly inorder to do its magic so i will be making a mask from only 1 view. I'm just about out of ideas on how to make it match up. The short answer fiddle with it on photoshop a little nip and tuck a few recontructions and walla they're sort of similar. Long answer go retrain drawing skills.


These bottom pictures are my drafts which I did not use because they dont look close enough to the front view. Btw all are traced sorry i can't demonstrate my drawing skills just yet lol its laughable I'd say.

No comments: